Saturday, March 10, 2007

Just Crush It!

They do something out here called "crushing." From what I can tell, "crushing" is what happens when you go out with Tyrone for "a beer or two" only to end up hopping bars, eating burritos, upsetting the homeless, and watching Late Night HBO programming while drinking grapefruit juice. And apparently what I experienced last evening is only preparatory crushing--what they call All-Crushing Eve. Supposedly the real crushing happens tonight when Rosen Penis, MD (aka The Great Crusher) arrives in town. I'm excited, curious, and concerned about what this might entail. I'm hoping it includes another "Super Burrito" from Taqueria Cancun, which may be the single greatest thing I've ever put into my mouth--save, of course, Abe Vigoda's elbow. Its ingredients are: tortilla, rice, pinto beans, cheese, sour cream, grilled steak, and giant chunks of avocado. It was delicious. All the better eaten within feet of the tight pantaloons of a local troubadour. All in all, I think I enjoy crushing, and I invite everyone to make this evening, no matter where you are in the country, a night of all-out crushitude. Just crush it!

No comments: